Website Cost Estimator
Basic Website Components and Costs
On average, the following figures can be applied to estimating the cost of a small business website (if you’d like a custom estimate for your website, call us at 011 465 7255):
Domain Name – R 200/year
Hosting – R 1200 to R 2900 a year (depending on traffic and hosting services)
Web Planning, Design and Development Time – 60 hours and up
Continued Website Maintenance – R 3400 a year and up (depending on number/type of updates required)
Marketing Your Website Online – R 1000 a month and up
Important Factors that Contribute to Website Cost
When preparing to budget web design costs, be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- Is this a brand new site or a redesign of an existing site?
- How prepared are you to ask for bids? Have you prepared a detailed requirements document?
- Do you need a blog or a content management system (CMS)?
- Have graphics already been created for the site?
- Do you want the site to automatically resize for mobile and tablets?
- Do you need multimedia elements (Flash, video, etc.) on the site?
- How much content do you currently have and how much will need to be created?
- Do you need other special features such as social media channels, SEO (search engine optimization) or ecommerce?
- Who is going to maintain the site after it has been launched?
- Below we go into these items in greater detail and provide an estimate of how much you should budget for each. The prices listed are estimates based on our 16 years of experience designing and building business websites. Prices will vary depending on your specific requirements.
Be sure to contact us for an estimate email@example.com or call us on 011 465 7255